Strategic Planning Process
We are engaging in a transformative process to develop the next strategic plan for Anderson Community Schools! Throughout the 2022-2023 school year we will be working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to develop this plan. This webpage is designed to keep everyone updated and involved throughout this process.
Phase 1 - Where are we now?
- Stakeholder Engagement - Surveys, focus groups, listening sessions.
- Environmental Scan - What forces are at play that impacts our organization.
- Internal Scan - Assessment of the organization's internal capabilities.
Phase 2 - Where do we want to go and why?
- Examining Current State: Analyzing and understanding current market conditions.
- Gain Alignment: Review, discuss, and gain alignment on current realities, constraints and opportunities.
- Visioning: Begin to open up to what you want to be known for in the future.
- Goal Setting: Develop goals for the organization.
Phase 3 - How do we get there?
- Strategy Development: Co-creation of the path forward to differentiate us from others enabling growth and retention of students and employees.
- Create an activation plan.
- Design a clear path forward that all stakeholders can understand.
Phase 4 - Enjoying the journey
- Activating the Strategy
- Faculty/Team Retreat that results in the team knowing the "why" behind the work, internal champions, and creates energy around this effort.
Phase 5 - Reflecting on the journey
- Check in: To measure progress and adoption of embedding the strategic plan into everyday business practices of the organization.
- Measure impact: Provide a follow up survey to compare to the benchmark.